Although Illustrator is usually not the best choice for working with raster-based images, there are still many reasons why you may need to crop an image within your Illustrator project. Fortunately, Adobe has made the process quite easy.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Illustrator project
- In the top menu select File > Place and choose the image you want to crop.
- Right-click on the image and select Crop Image from the context menu.
- Enter the new values in the tool’s Options menu and click Apply.
- Or click and drag the corners of the scripted crop window and click Enter.