There are several ways to change the appearance or the text by using deformation effects or converting the text into a shape first. However, if you want to simply add editable text to an existing curve, the process is really simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Photoshop project
- Using one of the shape tools, add a new shape to the canvas, or draw a custom shape or line using the Pen tool.
- Then, with the Type tool selected, hover the mouse over the edge of the shape or line you have drawn until the Type tool displays a curved line under the pointer.
- Click on the line and start typing to add your text to the curvature of that shape or line.
- You can then adjust the size, kerning and color of the text as usual.